Thursday, October 20, 2005

Prepared Ahead of Time

Tuesday as I prepared bean to soak for Wednesday’s lunch something prompted me to prepare extra for Thursday also, even though I already had another meal planned. I decided to cook all double Wednesday – beans, rice, meat, vegetables and a condiment called vinagrete.

Thursday mornings I spend a half-hour at my children’s school watching the elementary school play during recess. As recess ended one little girl tripped over the jump rope and fell skinning her chin and nose. The teacher asked if I would be able to help with her class while she comforted her. Over the next hour and a half I read books to a class of first and second graders and helped get them to an eye test that was being done. As I left I glanced at my watch – my own four would be home in twenty minutes for lunch. Then it hit me – God had prepared ahead of time that I would have lunch all ready for my family. I thanked him for his care as I warmed up the food they would be home to eat in a few minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home